guiding leaders of volunteers to feed the passion of those who choose to serve
Ready to purchase? Click right here or on the book cover image above!
- Why Do People Choose to Volunteer?
- Somewhere Between Selfishness and Altruism
- Why Else Do People Choose to Volunteer?
- What is a Volunteer?
- What is Volunteer Engagement?
- What is Otherliness?
- Why Head, Heart and Hands?
- Rethinking Volunteer Recruitment
- Discovering Individual Intrinsic Motivators
- How Much Time to Invest in Discovery: The Time and Talent Matrix
- When to Invest in Discovery
- The Guide for Engaging Volunteers
- Connecting Volunteers with "Right Fit" Roles
- Spotlight: Jodi Fisher and IMPACT Virtual Services
- Rethinking Volunteer Motivation
- Sustaining Your Own Engagement
- Prepare: Equipping a Volunteer to Serve
- Share: Guiding a Volunteer Along Their Journey
- Be There: Supporting a Volunteer With Everyday
- Rethinking Feedback
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Removing Barriers to Service
- Spotlight: Andrew Stanley and Volunteermark
- Care: Inspiring the Heart of a Volunteer
- Rethinking Volunteer Recognition
- Spotlight: Blaine Ung and txtMovies
- Rethinking Volunteer Termination
- When to Consider Redirecting the Passion of a Volunteer
- The Importance of Coaching
- Becoming a Volunteer Performance Analyst
- The "Don't Know" Factor - What To Do
- The "Can't Do" Factor - What To Do
- The "Don't Care" Factor - What To Do
- Parting Ways With a Volunteer
- Why Otherliness Matters: Where Grace, Peace, Forgiveness
and Acceptance Fit in Volunteer Service
- The Difference in Engaging Volunteers
- The Difference Between Volunteer Management
and Volunteer Leadership
- The Importance of Organizational Vision, Mission, Values
- Spotlight: Stengel Family Endowment for Excellence in
Alumni Volunteer Leadership, Pennsylvania State University
- The Chain of Volunteer Service
- Otherliness and the Leader of Volunteers
"Engaging the Head, Heart and Hands of a Volunteer"is a simple guide for leaders of volunteers to feed the passion of those who choose to serve. The book is rich with stories of volunteers, and leaders of volunteers, who share their triumphs and tragedies while serving a cause greater than themselves.
The book, written by Barry Altland, also details a number of specific practices a leader of volunteers may add to their daily repertoire to engage, sustain, and at times, redirect the passions of those who raise their hands
The hope of the book, "Engaging the Head, Heart and Hands of a Volunteer,"is that it offers leaders of volunteers the power to change the world.
The book is currently available as of June 2015. Sections of the book include: